Sunday, October 16, 2011

If You Can't Find It, Make It

For the past year or so I got to try many diffrent rules for science fiction tabletop games, but none of them satisfy my craving for mecha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha). Been a fan of this genre ever sence I was about four thanks to Robotech (Macross), and Gundam. There is something about large oversized armor that inspires me.

The only games I have found that had mechs as a focus were Battletech and Heavy Gear. The are well respected games but one was too big of machines and less units, the other not so great rules but did had the style of mechs I love (though really out of my price range). So I have taken on the endevor to creat my own in 15mm.

Firstly I am creating a base-line rule system which I am typing as we speak. This will lay down a foundation that I can use for other settings. It's not easy as most of the stuff I've come up with is a twist on other games I've played, but it is a start. In the end I want to creat a game that will field this kind of mech:

This is a work of  Masamune Shirow, I did not draw nor own this work.

Wish I can draw like that though >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment